Unity on a Raspberry Pi?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity on a Raspberry Pi?

I was wondering if there are any plans for a Unity client on Raspberry Pi.

Thanks
    Scott

It would be awesome to have one however the lack of an echo canceler and the large amount of development effort makes it not worth it unfortunately. The number of potential Unity Intercom users that would purchase Unity because it was compatible with Raspberry Pi would be very small and only a handful of current users would likely utilize it. We are a small software development company and no doubt this would be awesome but right now its just not very practical for us.

Comment

This would be great! I've been trying to find a way to create a wiring unity station for inexpensive for my more critical (stationary) users. This would do that perfectly. Even if it was just a Linux release. It's fairly easy to load up a version of Linux on raspberry pi.

Comment

Isn't there a way to run a mobile version of Windows on a Pi? I thought I saw something about that on YouTube. And the Pi 4 is out now.

Scott

Comment

I think you might be right. I also looked into loading android onto one and getting a wired network connection with a touchscreen or a reprogrammed USB interface for dedicated buttons. I didn't realize Pi 4 was out. I'll have to check it out.

Comment

I was watching a YouTube video the other day about Windows on a Pi and they claimed that it is extremely slow. Perhaps Pi4 will be better. Would be interested to here if you get it working with Android..

Scott

Comment

Working...
            X